Testosterone Therapy Treatment in Houston, TX
Hormones are responsible for a variety of very important bodily functions and processes, including those of a sexual and reproductive nature. In men, the main reproductive hormone is called testosterone, which will usually decrease as a person grows older. As a result, many men are diagnosed with a condition known as low testosterone, or testosterone deficiency syndrome (TD).
Dr. Travis Green is an experienced urologist, with extensive experience providing testosterone therapy treatment. Request an appointment at our urology clinic in Houston, TX by filling out our secure form.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Whether a man’s low levels of testosterone are due to age or any other cause, this condition can lead to a variety of concerning symptoms, including:
- A lowered sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Mild anemia
- Development of the breasts
- Loss of muscle mass
- Hair loss
Although it is certainly possible to manage these symptoms of low testosterone, it is best to address all of them by discussing your candidacy for testosterone replacement therapy with Dr. Green.
What Is Testosterone Therapy?
Low Testosterone is a condition in which the testicles do not produce enough testosterone. This condition affects almost 40% of men aged 45 and older. Testosterone starts to decline naturally after age 30 and continues to decline with age. However, people of any age can suffer from the effects of low testosterone.
Other common causes of low testosterone that may be treated using therapeutic methods from Green Urology include:
- Side effects from opioids or cancer-fighting medications
- Type 2 diabetes
- Alcohol abuse
- High estrogen hormone levels
- Primary hypothyroidism
- Problems with the pituitary gland
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Sleep apnea
- Metabolic disorders
If a patient’s low testosterone is the result of another medical condition, it can be very beneficial to begin treating that original condition to see if hormone levels improve. For those who suffer from irreversible low testosterone, there is testosterone therapy. Dr. Green is a leader in testosterone replacement therapy in the Webster, Clear Lake, Pasadena, and Houston areas.
Types of Testosterone Therapy
This treatment method involves administering controlled amounts of the testosterone hormone to the body in order to replace what the body is unable to naturally produce. Patients of Dr. Green may select any one of the following options when deciding which particular type of testosterone therapy is best for them:
- Hormone Replacement Pellets: These pellets are implanted just beneath the skin and are able to slowly deliver a steady amount of testosterone to the body over the course of several weeks. These hormones are bioidentical and release a stable amount of hormones over time.
- Injections: Dr. Green can also directly inject testosterone hormone into the patient’s body. Many patients often complete these injections on their own at home every 7-14 days.
- Gels: Topical gels may also be used to directly apply testosterone onto the skin, which is then absorbed by the body. These gels are typically used once per day.
- Patches: Similar to the topical gel, a testosterone skin patch may be administered to the skin once a day in order to be absorbed gradually by the body.
Schedule a Testosterone Therapy Treatment in Houston, TX
Call today to schedule a consultation with our highly trained urologist, Dr. Travis Green in order to determine which type of testosterone therapy is right for you and your lifestyle. No matter what issues you are dealing with as a result of low testosterone levels, we are here to help you find a solution! Schedule an appointment at our urology clinic in Houston, TX by calling (281) 957-9058. Dr. Green sees patients from throughout the Houston area including League City, Alvin, Galveston, and Baytown.